Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Just Desserts

I love desserts. No meal is complete without some sugar. In fact, I gauge how good any buffet is by the quality and variety of the dessert offered. Nothing can do more to ruin a meal than lousy desserts.

I tend not to like chocolate based desserts. I'd eat the stuff; but if you give me a choice between any chocolate dessert and a cream puff, I'd pick the puff.

I do like fruit desserts; particularly apple pie, which has been a long-time favorite. Which brings us to the rational for this post; I can't seem to find a pie I like. I've tried the Sugarhouse version; it's okay but not what I'm looking for. I want the American (as opposed to the "French") version; basically, a butter-rich double crust pie with lots of apples, flavored with cinnamon, sugar, butter, and good vanilla. If anyone can point me to such a pie, I would be eternally grateful.

1 comment:

22loy said...

I just saw apple pie at S&R Taguig yesterday. Haven't tried it, though. S&R's apple strudel is ok, not too sweet, but it does not keep me up late at night, thinking of it.

Today, I finish reading your whole blog. I look forward to your future posts.