Thursday, August 09, 2007

People's Palace 2

(Have been quite remiss in updating the blog; was pretty shocked to see that my last entry was way back in 2005!)

Recently went back to People's Palace; balikbayan friend of mine chose this restaurant over two others. Given my previous experience, I had low expectations.

Surprisingly, I had a pretty good meal (perhaps because my friends did the ordering). The catfish salad was good; so was the bagoong rice (I know, the usuals but sometimes, you just want to eat the old and familiar).

The curry was fantastic; I imagined it would have been loads better if we had not fiddled with the heat (my lunchmates were pepper-shy). So it was no surprise that our last dish was a relatively tame chicken with cashew and basil; it was still good though.

Rounding out the meal was a too-die-for mango and sticky rice.

What hasn't changed was the cost! For a party of five, we spent about P1,000 a head (yikes!).

1 comment:

22loy said...

I miss the yummier, inexpensive People's Palace of Malate with a nice-enough ambience. I was on a date--he let me choose the place, which was recommended by a friend. We saw a friend who was there with his family.