Monday, May 26, 2008

Flopjacks

The restaurant's real name is Flapjacks and it's one of the newer restaurants in Greenbelt (where good restaurants go to die). As the name suggests, it specializes in pancakes and diner food.

I am big fan of breakfast food; I honestly think breakfast should rank among the world's great cuisine. So it was with great anticipation that I set lunch at Flop... I mean Flapjacks (having a coupon for free pancakes also figured highly in the decision-making process).

We ordered salpicao, pork chop and country fried steak. I would have wanted to say that the food was great; but I would be fibbing. The salpicao was tough and bland, lacking the strong garlic taste; the pork chop was tough and bland (clearly overcooked, which was not hard to do since it had been pounded thin in an effort to extend a small cut of meat into something grander); the country fried steak was bland and lacked steak (really, it tasted more like breaded breading). Blandness seems to be an unhappy trend (which we banished with liberal doses of salty seasoning).

I'd give Flopjacks a good six months or as a good friend of mine would put it, a good candidate for closure.

BTW, the flapjacks were fine.

2 comments:

22loy said...

Is it still there?

22loy said...

http://chinoyeater.blogspot.com/2009/03/gateau-de-manille.html