Thursday, September 15, 2005

Big "Bad" Buddha

Am recovering from another pretty bad meal from Big Buddha (Superbowl in a devolved incarnation). My past experiences in that hellhole of a restaurant were never good, so it was with a decided lack of anticipation that I ate at that restaurant again after several years. (I was outvoted).

My premonition proved accurate; the best part of the meal was the free kropek and the bottomless soft drink. One can get a far better meal at any panciteria in downtown Manila (Sincerity Cafe is a favorite; make sure you order the oyster cake and the fried chicken). The meal was also pretty expensive (around P300), considering the quality of the meal.

If you ever have a hankering for a Chinese meal, I strongly suggest that you look elsewhere (even Luk Yuen).

No comments: