Saturday, January 24, 2009

Yummy Yummy Nambantei

Went back to Nambantei (Greenbelt 3) for lunch. Really like this restaurant, a lot; from the free starters (raw vegetables you dip in soybean paste) to the grilled skewers to the rice. One good thing about eating with new people were the new things one gets to discover. One of my lunchmates ordered edamame (cooked baby soybeans), which I tried for the first time. They were really good, like soft, semi-crunchy green beans, but better for you!

We ordered the platter of mixed meat skewers with additional two skewers of everything (except the corn). My favorites were the bacon-wrapped potato fries, the garlic pork, and the pork-wrapped asparagus. But the big revalation was the chicken wings. In the past, I usually skipped these as I wasn't a big fan of chicken wings elsewhere. I snagged a piece from my lunchmate (who was on his third skewer) for a bite see, out of curiousity. My gods, it was the best thing I've eaten (ok, maybe one of the best) in years. To my dismay, there were none left. Justeats Lesson #11, try everything once!

BTW, a tip I got from that selfish, greedy, chicken-wing glutton was to ask for teriyaki sauce for dipping. The sauce does add a nice sweet, salty dimension to the grilled meats.

1 comment:

22loy said...

better than what?

so you never liked Sugarhouse apple pie?